First, one must believe that he actually forms ideas for governing beyond expedient positions that lead to power.
Ignoring that hurdle, it seems that Republican donors favor what Mr. Trump stands for. Hence the following list:
- Authoritarianism (Fascism)
- Shifting tax burdens from the rich and corporations to the middle class.
- Reduction in spending on social programs like Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid
- Deregulation of businesses and commerce.
- Unbridled military spending
- Nationalism, particularly Christian Nationalism
- Anti-globalization, protectionism
- Detachment from any inconvenient reality
Good to know what these donors love.